Sunday, August 28, 2011

Limeades for Learning

I started using DonorsChoose.org this summer as a vehicle for fundraising for materials I could use in the classroom.  I have one project funded already, for a little over $150 worth of materials that I will use with students with autism and others with social language difficulties.

My second project is partially funded, but is eligible for voting as part of an initiative called "Limeades for Learning."  From their website:

Limeades for Learning® is a national initiative of SONIC®, America's Drive-In® to support U.S. public school teachers in local communities. In partnership with DonorsChoose.org, SONIC will provide essential funds needed for learning materials and innovative teaching techniques to inspire creativity and learning in today's youth.

Participation is easy and this year there are three ways to cast your vote at LimeadesforLearning.com

  • Anyone with a valid email address can go online and vote for their favorite teacher's project once per day.
  • Get two extra votes with any SONIC purchase. Vote codes are provided on the bag sticker.
  • Vote online 10 times and get two extra votes. Vote codes will be sent via email.

Repeat the process once a day to help your favorite project get enough votes to be funded!




My project is called " 'R' You Sure that Sounds Right?"  It is for books, a computer game and cards for working on carryover of the "r" speech sounds.  If you click on the picture to the right which says "Vote for Me", it will take you to the page where you can vote for my project, starting Aug. 29.  If you come back and vote every day, you are sure to help ensure my success!  Thanks for caring.

   

3 comments:

  1. It is my honor to follow you as a person who is committed to helping others while fighing your own battles. Thank you for being a new follower on my blog. I look forward to seeing how you do with your "R" project and following your own progress on the home front.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me. The post is from last year, and was funded. I hope to get back to this blog and write more posts as my students inspire me.

      Delete
  2. Hello! This post could not be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this page to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing! executive functioning

    ReplyDelete